Friday, January 21, 2011

I've Got Nothing......

Ok, so not really nothing, but truly nothing exciting.  My mom told me yesterday that she needed me to update the blog DAILY so that she knows what's going on with us.  That's a hefty request, seeing as how my days are really nothing to blog about. 
I'm busy. 
Busy with laundry and car pooling kids. 
Busy with friends and phone calls. 
Busy with school projects with the kids and the constant discipline that my kids require. 
Busy with sports teams and practices. 
Busy with dishes and sweeping and mopping. 
Busy with dirty toilets and grungy showers. 
Busy with grocery errands and such. 
Just busy.
And after typing that I realized that I hate the way BUSY is spelled.  It should be more like bizzy...
or bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzy, in my case.
At any rate, I will attempt to do better at my daily update for you, mom.  Because I love you, and a grandma should know what's going on.

Yesterday I went errand running with my bestie, and then we met our hubbies for lunch at Xavier's Mexican Restaurant.  It's a hole in the wall in a deserted strip mall, but it was good.  They put BUTTER in their burritos.  Enough said.
Last night was book club at Sara's.  It was great!  Great discussion with great gals.  And, great dessert--Crepes.  Yumm-o!  The book was Prayers For Sale by Sandra Dallas.  It was a good read.  The theme of the book was forgiveness--but I guess the theme didn't sink in because as we ate our dessert I lamented about how angry I am at a friend of mine who is making some really, really bone-head choices in her life right now.  Maybe I should read it again--it might sink in the second time through. 
Tanner had high school seminary orientation last night, so Kevin took him.  They said it was excellent.  I can't believe my boy will be in high school next year.  Ug.
Let's see....what else?
Oh, I have been searching and searching for the perfect furniture for my front room.  I'm convinced it doesn't exist.  Or maybe I just don't know what I want.  It's probably a combination of both.  I'm going to go looking again today.
Ty has his first camp out as a Boy Scout tonight.  He had his backpack ready to go at 7 a.m. I think he's excited.  {hee hee hee}
Well, that's about it.  I told you I had nothing.
I'm off to make a great day!

No comments: