I've been wanting to buy some cycling shoes, so while I was at the Chandler Mall the other day I decided to step into Finish Line to see if they had some. My experience went something like this:
Store Employee: Hi! What can I help you find?
Me: I'm looking for cycling shoes. Do you have any?

Store Employee: No, I don't have any cycling shoes, but I have track shoes. They have spikes on the bottom.
Me: Uh...what? OK, well....hmmm, never mind. Thanks.
Me: Uh...what? OK, well....hmmm, never mind. Thanks.Can you say

and
(do you like the visuals??)
8 comments:
Got mine for 10.00 on Nashbar.com, but had to buy the clips and screw them on. I love them!
I know a great place that sells hiking boots if you're interested.
That's classic! You should have invited him to your spinning class(very impressed by the way) and told him to bring along his track shoes.
Seriously? Ok, new employee please!! Nice that we have such educated merchants in the world today. haha. How IS spinning anyway? Is whowho still sore? ;)
I meant YOUR whowho. Sorry!
Classic.
Here's what you do: try on shoes of several different brands at the store, find out what you like and what size you are, and buy them online. Nashbar and Performance Bike are both pretty good. If you get on their email list for a few weeks, they send you extra deals, like free shipping or an extra 20% off. My cycling shoes were originally $100. I got them for $45. Patience pays off.
I love it! I love even more that you are into spin. You will have to come with me when you come!
Post a Comment