Saturday, August 30, 2008

Out With The Old, In With The New

I put a beef roast in my crock pot last Monday night (at midnight) because I was craving a delicious french dip sandwich and thought it would be the perfect Tuesday night dinner. But, I awoke to the sad realization that the old crock pot was on it's last leg. After about 15 hours the roast was done, but not to the "shredding" done-ness that I desired. It was at that moment that I accepted the fact that it was time to put the poor thing out of it's misery and find a suitable replacement. It has been my companion in the kitchen for the past 10 years, and it will be missed. I mean, look at the poor thing...it's been used and abused. The crock has a crack all the way through it. The lid has 3 huge chips in it. No matter what I've used to clean the outside, it just won't come clean. It is a truly pathetic sight. Poor baby. However, I hope I don't seem too calloused to say, in this same post, how excited I was to get this new baby:

It's so silver and shiny. On Friday it cooked my chicken to perfect shredding-ness in 8 hours. It has really cool lights and buttons, as compared to the twist knob on the old one. I'm in crock pot heaven!!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Willy thanks you. I will now be getting one of those Cadallac Crocks. Again, Willy thanks you.
(I like the About Me book in the background. That is so creative and cute. Who did that?)

Sara said...

yep, time to put that old baby out to pasture!

Debbie said...

Change is good. Now you need to try the crockpot bags...little to no cleaning, less mess, they're great!

Stewarts said...

I've been wanting that same one for over a year now but my stupid ancient one hasn't kicked the bucket yet. Enjoy your new toy!

Kat said...

nice job! the replacement is beeautiful! :) it's sad to say goodbye to old friends after 10 years huh!