We finished out our summer visit to Utah with a trip to St. George for the Newton Family Reunion. After the reunion we went to get a bite to eat for dinner and then I sent my kids to the pool with my dad while mom, aunt Charlyce, Bevan, Donna, and I headed out to the Tuacahn Amphitheater in Ivins, Utah. It was amazing! The theater sits right against the red rock that provides the most beautiful backdrop!
We saw Les Miserables, which happens to be one of my very favorite Broadway plays of all time.
I was lucky enough to see it in New York City in July of '91, and have to say that the production at Tuacahn was nearly as good. The only thing it lacked was the rotating stage. It was excellent and provided many "goose bump moments" for me. If you have the chance to see a play here I highly recommend it! Just remember to take along plenty of water and a small mister fan...we were boiling!!
We saw Les Miserables, which happens to be one of my very favorite Broadway plays of all time.
I was lucky enough to see it in New York City in July of '91, and have to say that the production at Tuacahn was nearly as good. The only thing it lacked was the rotating stage. It was excellent and provided many "goose bump moments" for me. If you have the chance to see a play here I highly recommend it! Just remember to take along plenty of water and a small mister fan...we were boiling!! The next morning we woke up, had breakfast, and got on the road to go home to Arizona. I was so sad that our vacation was over, but happy to be going home. It was a fun filled 3 weeks!! Thanks mom and dad, Bonnie and Vaughn, and everyone else who entertained and humored us while we were there! We're so lucky to have such an incredible family!!
3 comments:
How fun I have always wanted to go down there with a group of girls and see the plays. Good to know it is worth it. I also love the picture of your boys at the top. Is Ty not Kevin or what!
Dang, I am bummed we didn't get to see you. We are currently up north at a family reunion. Call us next time!
I LOVE Les Mis. I love Tuacan or whatever it's called too! I saw a show there back in '95...I think it was called Utah! It really sounds like you guys had a fun trip.
Post a Comment